||2017-06-07 15:51:03, 조회 : 166, 추천 : 32
/ The Sojourn Guide [D-10]
(Job Seeking Activities) You are engaged in job seeking activities or on-the-job paid training (including short-term paid internship) at a Korean company or group
(Technology / Business Startup Activities) You participate in the OASIS programs, preparing for intellectual property right application and business establishment (job seeking activities)
You want to engage in researching and job seeking activities in a relevant field such as E-1 Professorship, E-2 Foreign Language Instructor, E-3 Research, E-4 Technology
Transfer, E-5 Professional Employment, E-6 Arts & Performances, and E-7 Special Occupation.
* However, among E-6 Arts & Performances status, E-6-2 status holders at adult entertainment establishment are not included. Only pure art and sports will be permitted.
You are qualified for the item C of D-8 Corporate Investment status, preparing for a business startup.
* You have a bachelor’s degree or above, or intellectual property right or equivalent skills.
You are also recognized as a founder of a corporation by the Minister of Justice.
(Technology and Business Startup Immigration)
MAXIMUM LENGTH OF STAY
PARTICIPATION IN ACTIVITIES UNCERTIFIED FOR CURRENT SOJOURN STATUS
CHANGE OR ADDITION OR WORKPLACE
CHANGE OR ADDITION OR WORKPLACE
GRANT OF STATUS
CHANGE OF STATUS
1. Permission of change of status to Job-seeking (D-10) for holders of Study Abroad (D-2) visa
A. Eligible Candidates
(1) You are an international student who earned an associate degree at a Korean community college (including a graduating student).
(2) You are an international student who earned a bachelor’s degree or higher at a Korean university (including a graduating student) or who has completed (will be completing soon) a research course of an academic research center.
(3) You hope to continue to work as E-1 Professor to E-7 Special Occupation status* holder, but you have not yet renewed your employment contract or found a job at a different place before the expiry date of your visa.
* Nonetheless, for E-6 Arts & Performance status holders only, those who are working as E-6-2 Performers at Adult Entertainment Establishments are not included.
(4) You have a bachelor’s degree obtained in Korea or abroad (including a graduating student) and have either an intellectual property right or an equivalent skill which he/she can use in order to establish his/her own company.
(5) Although you are not a job-seeking status holder (including B-1 and B-2 status), you have all the prerequisites to be qualified for a D-10 Job Seeking visa.
B. Restricted Individuals
You will be restricted from changing your status, if, within the past one year, you have ever quit your job without a valid reason attributable to an employer before your contract expired, nonetheless have been permitted to change your status. *
* Based on the principle of good faith, it is necessary to protect good employers who are not responsible for the end of employment contracts and to establish a social order among foreigners in Korea by preventing their possible abuse of the existing job-seeking scheme
C. Required Documents
D-2 Study Abroad visa holder (1) Application form (Form No. 34), Passport, Alien Registration Card, Fee
(2) Proof of Enrollment, Full Transcript, etc.
※If your identity can be verified via our immigration information system, you are exempt from submitting these documents.
(3) Job-Seeking Action Plan
(4) Photocopy of National Skill License (for respective candidates only)
From E-1 Professorship to E-7 Special Occupation visa holder (1) Application Form (Form No. 34), Passport, Alien Registration Card, Fee
(2) Job Seeking Acton plan*
* It must include a specific type of occupation you would like to take, the name of a company you wish to work at, your financial ability to pay for your living expenses in the ROK and your action plans.
Other Status holder (1) Application Form (Form No. 34), Passport, Alien Registration Card, Fee
(2) Documents proving your job seeking visa qualifications*
* certificate of a degree, a proof of employment or other documents proving education and career
Technology and Business Startup
(1) Application Form (Form #34), Passport and Alien Registration Card, Fee
(2) Proof of Final Education Level (Bachelor’s degree or higher)
(3) Technology and Business Startup Plan
(4) Photocopy of Application and Application Receipt for Patent Card Utility Model Registration Card-Design Registration Card (for respective candidate only)
(5) OASIS Certificate or Confirmation of OASIS Enrollment (for respective candidate only)
D. How to Apply
Please apply for change of status at the competent Immigration (Branch) Office immediately after your status changes (or before your status changes)
2. Change of Status to working visa (E-1 ~ E-7)
A. Qualifications (All the qualifications below must be satisfied.)
(1) A person staying in the ROK legally with Job Seeking (D-10) or Study Abroad (D-2)* visa
(2) A job you wish to find must be in the field of Professorship (E-1), Foreign Language Instructor (E-2), Research (E-3), Technology Transfer (E-4), Professional Employment (E-5), Arts & Performance (E-6)**, Special Occupation (E-7) and you must be qualified.
(3) You must sign an employment contract with the head/president of the organization/institute.
* A holder of Study Abroad (D-2) visa means a prospective graduate who is qualified to apply for Job Seeking (D-10) visa. (However, if you have already received a bachelor’s or higher degree of university in your country or a third country, you may apply for D-10 visa regardless of whether you are a prospective graduate or not.)
** Jobs in the field of Hotel-Adult Entertainment Establishment (E-6-2) are excluded, only those in the field of fine arts or sports are allowed.
B. Criteria and Required Documents
Research (E-3) ,
Employment (E-5), ► You may apply for change when you satisfy the requirements for each status (i.e. diploma, career experience, license, etc.)
(1) an application form (Form No. 34), passport, Alien Registration Card, fee (2) an employment contract, documents demonstrating the establishment of institute/company (submit only one or two documents among business registration certificate, a certified copy of register, a certificate of private academy establishment) (3) a certificate of work experience (E-1), Criminal Records (E-2), physical examination certificate for employment (E-2), a copy of license (E-5, E-7), (4) a recommendation letter or documents demonstrating the necessity of employment (E-5, E-7)
Arts & Performance (E-6) ►If you have an associate degree of a junior college and your major and a job field are closely related, you may apply for change of status.
►However, you may not change your status to E-6-2 to work at Hotel • Adult Entertainment Establishment as stipulated in the Act on the Promotion of Korea Tourism
► Required Documents
(1) an application form (Form No. 34), passport, Alien Registration Card, fee (2) an employment contract, documents demonstrating the establishment of institute/company (submit only one or two documents among business registration certificate, a certified copy of register, a certificate of private academy establishment)
Special Occupation (E-7) ► If you have an associate degree of a Korean junior college and your major and a job field are closely related, you may apply for change of status (experience is not
►If you have a bachelor’s degree of a Korean university and your major and a job field are closely related, you may apply for change of status (experience is not required).
►Considering replaceability and employment of Korean citizens, a domestic market-oriented company where Korean employees are less than 5 and the number of employees with E-7 visa exceeds 20% of that of Korean employees may not hire additional foreign workers.*
* However, in the case of high-tech industries, it is allowed to hire foreign workers with a recommendation from the ministry in charge even if the number of foreign employees exceeds 20% of that of Korean employees.
► To prevent companies from misusing low-paid labor, change of status is not allowed to a foreigner who is paid less than 60% of average salary of Koreans working at the same field and at the same position, or less than KRW 1,500,000 a month.
► For other details, please refer to the Guidelines for Issuance of Confirmation of Visa Issuance and Sojourn Maintenance for Special Occupation (E-7).
► Required Documents
(1) an application form (Form No. 34), passport, Alien Registration Card, fee (2) an employment contract (3) documents related to the establishment of the company (submit only one or two documents among business registration certificate, a certified copy of register, a certificate of private academy establishment, etc.) (4) a certificate of work experience (5) a copy of license (6) a recommendation letter or documents demonstrating the necessity of employment, etc.
EXTENSION OF STAY
1. Maximum Lengh of Stay
(1) a person who earned a bachelor’s degree or higher at a Korean university
(2) a person who has a national technical license or who earned an associate degree at a Korean community college with a GPA of 2.5 or higher
(3) a person who has at least 1-year experience at one of companies listed on the FORTUNE’s Global 500
(4) a person who is a graduate of one of the top 200 universities listed on the TIMES Higher World University Rankings
(5) a person who either has or apply for a Patent Right, Utility Model Right, or Design Right
(6) You have scored 50 points more on the Points-Based System*
* Please refer to respective guidelines and appendix for points distribution and criteria for the points-based system for business startup immigration up to 2 years
Others (community college graduate, Ph.D degree holder) up to 1 year
2. Required Documents
(1) an application form(Report Form, No.34), passport, Alien Registration Card, fee
(2) job seeking plan (including job seeking activities and other plans) or business plan(which must include your job seeking or business startup preparation activities in the past 6 months and your future plans)
(3) A national technical license or transcript (only for persons who earned an associate degree at a Korean community college)
(4) Acceptable documents for proof of residency (i.e. Lease contract, confirmation of provided residence, a mail giving the notice of the expiry date of your period of sojourn, a utility bill payment for any public services, receipt of university housing fee and others.)
1. Implementation of Re-entry Permit Exemption (revision of the Enforcement Regulations of Dec. 1, 2010)
– If you are a registered foreigner and plan to return to the ROK within 1 year from the departure date, you are exempted from re-entry permit
– If your period of sojourn remains less than 1 year, you are exempted from Re-entry Permit for the remaining period.
– If you need the permission due to the entry restrictions, you may apply for the permission from the competent Immigration (Branch) Office free of charge.
2. Required Documents
an application form (Form No. 34), passport, Alien Registration Card, fee (single: 30,000 won, multiple: 50,000 won)
1. Required Documents for Registration
an application form (Form No. 34), passport, a standardized photo, fee
2. Notification of Change in Registration Information
Report details : change of name, sex, date of birth, nationality and passport (number, issue date, expiry date)
Reasons for the report : Change and addition (as of Nov. 16, 2010) of organization/institution (including name change)
Due Date : within 14 days from the date of change
(1) an application form (Form No. 34), passport, Alien Registration Card, no fee
(2) documents proving change of your information
– Article 35 of the Immigration Control Law (Report of Change in Registration Information), Article 44 of the Enforcement Decree, Article 49-2, Paragraph 3 of the Enforcement Regulations
Reasons for the Report
– When you are hired as an intern and start training or change your training institute (including name change of institute)
– When you sign a contract (for more than 1 month ~ less than 6 months) to work as an intern/trainee and with a certain amount of wage.
* If you are working temporarily for a test to be hired as an intern, you do not need to report it to the Immigration (Branch) Office.
Individuals subject to Report
– A registered foreigner with Job Seeking (D-10) visa who is receiving training at a company as an intern.
– A unregistered foreigner with Job Seeking (D-10) visa is also required to report when the change occurs within 90 days from the date of entry (alien registration period).
– within 14 days from the date of occurrence
(1) a report form for change in registration information (2) a training (internship) contract (3) documents proving the registration of institute/training center (i.e. a copy of business registration certificate)